7pm Monday, April 23, 2012
2012 Latino Science & Engineering Awards Celebration
National leaders of the SACNAS-SHPE-MAES STEM Consortium will honor our New England university students, public school students, educators, and community leaders.
· Recognizing graduating Latino university students in the sciences and engineering
· Honoring Latino university students that have exhibited outstanding academics and leadership
· Matching mentorship and scholarship to promising young Latino public school students
· Recognizing incredible educators that have had impact on our community
· Acknowledging community leaders that have changed the equation for our youth
Partners will present to the award recipient. Additional awards may also be sponsored by partners. Partner recognition for awards with photos will be carried in the summer edition of MAES Magazine, a national quarterly. Further, Partners will be added to the MAES New England Network, which promotes graduate education and employment in New England to Latino students across the country at federally recognized Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs).
Email President@MAES-Boston.org or call 617-895-7023 to RSVP.
MAES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit having tax ID 95-3135632.